southtownstar
SMOOTH 
Weather Updates

Fourth man charged in grisly 2010 triple slaying in Harvey

Darryl Lloyd / phofrom Cook County Sheriff's office

Darryl Lloyd / photo from Cook County Sheriff's office

storyidforme: 48472140
tmspicid: 17983440
fileheaderid: 8100934
Article Extras
Story Image

Updated: April 29, 2013 3:11PM



A fourth south suburban man was denied bond last week for his role in a botched 2010 home invasion that left three members of a Harvey family dead and an injured 4-year-old boy as the only survivor.

Darryl Lloyd, 29, was the fourth defendant ordered held without bond for the Oct. 24, 2010, murders of Donysha Stovall, 28, Shaquill Davis, 16, and Clarisma Torry, 10, and the attempted murder of the 4-year-old, according to a statement from the Cook County state’s attorney’s office.

Faheem Norwood, 25; Dejuan Crockett, 23; and Brandon Griffin, 29, were charged earlier and denied bond on three murder charges and one attempted murder charge in what Harvey Police Chief Denard Evans called a “heinous crime against this family and our community.”

Stovall lived with her boyfriend and three children in the 300 block of West 151st Street in Harvey, but the boyfriend was not home the night three of the men forced their way inside, mistakenly thinking there were cash and drugs hidden in the apartment, prosecutors said.

Stovall was shot multiple times on her living room couch, and Davis was shot once in the back of the head while taking a shower. The 10-year-old girl was shot in the head in her bedroom, and the 4-year-old was shot multiple times after running into a bedroom and hiding under the covers, prosecutors said.

The suspects found no drugs or money, but did steal a large flat-screen TV, according to prosecutors. They were arrested by Harvey police about 10 hours later on a vehicular hijacking charge unrelated to the murders.

Three of the suspects were serving prison time for that arrest when they were charged with the murders over the last month, while the fourth was awaiting trial.

“This was an extremely heinous and senseless crime that took the lives of this young mother and her children. We are very pleased that we have been able to bring charges in this case and hopefully some measure of justice for these victims,” State’s Attorney Anita Alvarez said in the statement.

Sun-Times Media Wire



© 2014 Sun-Times Media, LLC. All rights reserved. This material may not be copied or distributed without permission. For more information about reprints and permissions, visit www.suntimesreprints.com. To order a reprint of this article, click here.