southtownstar
MAINTAINING 
Weather Updates

Firefighter and son cleared in 2011 Bridgeport robbery

Eduardo Castro Sr.  / phofrom Chicago Police

Eduardo Castro Sr. / photo from Chicago Police

storyidforme: 65294576
tmspicid: 8238391
fileheaderid: 3714686

A Cook County judge found a Chicago firefighter and his son not guilty of beating and robbing a man in the Bridgeport neighborhood in 2011 last week.

Eduardo Castro and his son, Eduardo Castro Jr., were charged in November 2011 with one count each of felony robbery and aggravated battery following the attack in the 3200 block of South Aberdeen Street, authorities said previously.

The elder Castro, a firefighter, was also charged with resisting a police officer, authorities said.

Judge Kenneth Wadas found both men not guilty at an April 15 hearing, according to the Cook County State’s Attorney’s office.

Castro remains a member of the Chicago Fire Department, and is currently on medical leave, spokesman Larry Langford said.



© 2014 Sun-Times Media, LLC. All rights reserved. This material may not be copied or distributed without permission. For more information about reprints and permissions, visit www.suntimesreprints.com. To order a reprint of this article, click here.