southtownstar
MEDIOCRE 
Weather Updates

Four trials in Joliet double murder case?

Adam M. Landerman (clockwise from top left) AlisR. Massaro JoshuF. Miner Bethany L. McKee  |  Supplied photos

Adam M. Landerman (clockwise, from top left), Alisa R. Massaro, Joshua F. Miner and Bethany L. McKee | Supplied photos

storyidforme: 65710215
tmspicid: 15881118
fileheaderid: 7139422

Updated: June 2, 2014 1:04PM



Will County prosecutors are seeking to try four defendants separately in a double murder last year in Joliet.

At a court hearing Wednesday, Assistant State’s Attorney John Connor filed a motion seeking to have four trials because of statements by the defendants that implicate the others in the slayings.

Three of the defense attorneys did not object to the state’s plan, but Michael Renzi, who’s representing Joshua Miner, said he was “not ready to agree to this at this time.”

Miner, 25, Adam Landerman, 20, Alisa Massaro, 20, and Bethany McKee, 19, are charged in the January 2013 murders of two men, Eric Glover and Terrance Rankins, both 22, at Massaro’s home at 1121 N. Hickory St.

Authorities said the four robbed and strangled Glover and Rankins, and afterward Landerman and Massaro continued to party and play video games with Miner.

Miner underwent a mental fitness evaluation earlier this year. Circuit Court Judge Gerald Kinney said Wednesday that Miner was found fit to stand trial.

Kinney set a May 16 hearing on the motion for separate trials.

After Wednesday’s hearing, Connor and the defense lawyers would not comment on the prosecution’s motion, citing an ongoing gag order in the highly publicized case.



© 2014 Sun-Times Media, LLC. All rights reserved. This material may not be copied or distributed without permission. For more information about reprints and permissions, visit www.suntimesreprints.com. To order a reprint of this article, click here.